Multilingual desktop publishing designates the creation, pagination and the production of foreign-language editorial content for manuals, catalogues, product data sheets, magazines, books, journals etc. using specialist page layout software.
Translation of editorial content often requires certain adaptations to be made in terms of page layout and graphic design. We have to take into account factors like differences in word count (and therefore the amount of space occupied) between the original and the translated texts, image captions, and the rules and graphic conventions of the target language.
Our desktop publishing service helps companies with the multilingual composition of the commercial and technical content necessary for selling their products on foreign markets, with perfect correspondence between source and target languages guaranteed.
Creation of content
With this service, the client provides us with a file in any editable format; we translate the text, then localize and copy-edit it on request. This results in a text that’s not only a correct translation but is suited to the target audience in terms of style and cultural references, with a cleaner, more attractive and harder-hitting effect.
Multilingual page layout
Using our CAT software, we repaginate the manual or catalogue with the source text replaced by the target text. That way we can ensure perfect correspondence between the two texts – original and translation.
This service is available for the following file formats:
- Adobe InDesign (*.idml)
- Adobe InDesign INX Files (*.inx)
- Adobe FrameMaker (*.mif)
- PDF (*.pdf)
- Microsoft Word 2003, 2007, 2010 e 2013 (*.doc ,*.docx,*.docm, *.rtf,*.bak,*. dot)
- Microsoft Excel 2003, 2007, 2010 e 2013 (*.xls, *.xlt, *.xml , *.xlsx, *.xlsm)
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2003, 2007, 2010 e 2013 (*.ppt, *.pps, *.pot, *.pptx, *.ppsx, *.potx, *.sldx)
- HTML files (*.html, *.htm, *shtml, *.aspx, *.jsp)
- XML (*.xml, *.sgm, *.sgml)
- Microsoft Visio (*.vdx)
- AuthorlT (*.xml)
- DITA (* dita, w.xml)
- FreeMind (*.mm)
- Java (file .properties) (*.properties)
- MS Help Workshop (*.hhc, *.hhk)
- OpenDocument (*.odt, *.odf)
- Text files (*.txt, *.inf, *.ini, *.reg)
- Text-based files (*.txt, *.inf, *.ini, *.reg)
- ResX (*.resx)
- Scalable Vector Graphics drawings (*.svg)
- SDLXLIFF (*.sdlxliff)
- Bilingui RTF/DOC (*.doc, *.rtf, *.bak)
- Bilingui TRADOS (*.ttx)
- TXML (*.txml)
- Typo 3 pages (*.xml)
- XLIFF (*.xlf, *.xlif, *.xliff)
- All supported bilingual formats (*.mbd, *.doc, *.rtf, *.bak, *.xlf, *.xlif, *.xliff, *.xlz, *.mqxliff, *.mqxlz)
- memoQ Bilingual Document (*.mbd)
- memoQ-compatible XLIFF document (*.xlf, *.xlif, *.xliff, *.xlz, *.mqxliff, *.mqxlz)
- TRADOS-compatible Bilingual DOC Document (*.doc, *.rtf, *.bak)
- Two-column RTF (*.rtf)
We can also create ex novo foreign-language layouts of manuals, catalogues, brochures, diagrams and data sheets, e-learning content, presentations and much more.
We work with all the leading page layout and graphics applications:
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Framemaker
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe Fireworks
- Adobe Flash
When paginating or re-paginating a document, we can adapt images and graphics or insert new ones, and make all the adjustments necessary for giving your corporate documents a professional look.